Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hello,
September has been a rough month! We were just getting settled in our house in Peachtree Hills and after about 2 weeks of unpacking and cleaning; on Monday September 24th the entire bottom floor flooded. We lived at the Residence Inn for about a week while frantically searching for a new place to live with Mike still putting in long hours at the office. It was a pretty uncomfortable situation ,but everyone has been so supportive and eager to help us. That is something I LOVE about the South, people seem to really get interested in the lives of others, even if they are strangers. Thank God for Mike's sister, Caroline!!!! She has been such a support system for us and I can't imagine getting through this without her help. All and all, we are just really grateful because so many people lost everything in the floods and we were very lucky to recover so quickly with virtually no damage (except some stress and financial strain).

We moved into our new house on Sunday Sept. 27th and it is going to be the perfect place for us! There is lots of work to do, but it is a much newer home and our landlord is an energetic contractor! I'm already much more at ease than when we were living in the other house.

We have our childbirth class this weekend and I am super excited. I know Mike would rather be relaxing at home on Sat., but it will be good for us to get back into baby mode again after all of the distractions of the past few weeks.

Sorry no ultrasound pics, but the baby always covers her face with her hands during every session now! We will try again next time. Very soon we will see her little face for real. Every time I look at the calendar I am amazed at how little time we have left!

I hope everyone is doing great. I am so excited and proud my girls... Michelle with her new 1 month old Ryden and Sarah who recently gave birth to a beautiful baby boy..Inzo! What a wonderful time in our lives :)


1 comment:

  1. Yay for a new blog! I am so sorry about everything that you guys went through. It sucks that it takes something like that to get you out of the house you started to hate and into a place you sound really happy about. I can't believe you have just over 5 weeks or so left. If Mike has any complaints about the classes, tell him we went to 9 of them, and they were all on saturdays and two hours long.... Eric was so pleased when they were over. I still miss you, but I am so happy things are getting better there!

    ReplyDelete